Fibrovein 0.5% (5x2ml)
What is Fibrovein?
- The name of your medicine is Fibrovein, which contains the active ingredient sodium tetradecyl
- Different strengths of Fibrovein are used in the treatment of varicose veins, large, medium or minor
venules and spider veins.
- Fibrovein is only for use in adults (including the elderly).
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Safety for use in pregnancy has not been established. There are no or limited amount of data from the use of sodium tetradecyl sulfate in pregnant women. Animal studies are insufficient with respect to reproductive toxicity. Treatment should be postponed until after childbirth.
- It is not known whether sodium tetradecyl sulfate is excreted in human milk. Caution should be exercised when used in nursing mothers.
Driving and using machines
- Fibrovein has no or negligible direct influence on the ability to drive and use machines. However, a bandage and/or compression stockings may be added after treatment. This could affect the ability to drive.