Hyaluronidase 1500 I.U. Powder for Solution for Injection/Infusion
What is Hyaluronidase?
Hyaluronidase is an enzyme, a natural substance that activates processes in the body. It is used to temporarily break down the natural barriers in the body’s tissues so that injections, or fluids injected under the skin or into muscle, are more easily spread and absorbed. Hyaluronidase is also used to enable excess fluids and blood in the tissues to be more easily reabsorbed.
Before you are given hyaluronidase
You should not be given Hyaluronidase:
- if you are known to be allergic to hyaluronidase
- to reduce the swelling of bites or stings
- at sites where infection or malignancy (cancerous growth) is present
- directly onto the front of the eye
- if you are in premature labour for which there is no explanation.
Hyaluronidase should not be administered by Intravenous Injection.
Hyaluronidase should not be used to enhance the absorption and dispersion of dopamine and/or alpha agonist drugs. If you are taking dopamine or clonidine, or any other alpha agonist drug, please tell your doctor or nurse before you are given this medicine. If you have any doubts about whether this medicine should be administered then talk to your doctor or nurse before it is given to you.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- You should let your doctor know if you are pregnant, wish to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding before Hyaluronidase is administered.
Driving and using machines
- Hyaluronidase has not been reported to affect ability to drive or operate machines.