Ozempic 0.5mg is a non-insulin injection used to treat high blood sugar levels in those with type 2 diabetes.
It is indicated for the treatment of adults with insufficiently controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus as an adjunct to diet and exercise. It can be used as:
- As monotherapy when metformin (other Diabetic medicine) is considered inappropriate due to intolerance or contraindications
- In addition to other medicinal products for the treatment of diabetes.
- Ozempic contains the active substance semaglutide.
Please note this product is not licenced for weight loss.
Further safety information and indications on Medicines.org.uk
Ozempic is indicated for the control of blood sugar in diabetic patients. If the clinical need is different then this medicine is unlicensed.
Please only prescribe/order unlicensed medicines if the following criteria are met:
- An unlicensed medicinal product may only be supplied in order to meet the special needs of an individual patient
- An unlicensed medicinal product should not be supplied where an equivalent licensed medicinal product can meet the special need of the patient
- Responsibility for deciding whether an individual patient has ‘special needs’ which a licensed product cannot meet should be a matter for the prescribing healthcare professional